The issue of building safety has never been higher profile than it is today.
On the day the Housing, Communities and Local Government Select Committee released its pre-legislative scrutiny report on the draft Building Safety Bill, we welcomed Clive Betts MP, Chair of HCLG Committee, and Ian Fletcher, Director of Real Estate Policy at the British Property Federation, to a webinar to discuss the Bill and what lies ahead for UK building regulation.
The podcast discussed fascinating topics such as:
- The recommendations in the Committee’s report
- The implications for developers, landlords and funders
- Who should bear the cost for remediating historic building safety problems
- How the needs of residents and communities will be reflected
- And the challenges of changing the safety culture of the construction sector
BECGconversation is a podcast series covering a diverse range of topics across property, infrastructure, energy & utilities, transport, waste and recycling, environment, and healthcare and are available to download at any time.
If you would like to take part in the podcast or want help managing or launching your own podcast, then please get in touch with Rhiannon Thompson.