FCC Environment has worked with Cavendish since 2019 and in that time, I have been thoroughly impressed by what we have achieved together and the quality of their work. Our account team has fully embedded themselves in our business and are a true extension of the team here. This partnership combined with Cavendish’s knowledge of the political and media landscape has delivered great results for us and our local authority clients.
Julie Fourcade, Head of External Affairs, FCC Environment
FCC Environment is one of the UK’s leading resource and waste management companies, providing homes and businesses across the country with a range of services, from collecting waste to recycling and processing, and generating energy from waste.
They initially engaged us in 2019 to provide traditional press office services, delivering media relations across national, regional, local and specialist trade press across the energy, environment and local government sectors.
Since then, our role has evolved into providing more comprehensive communications support, ranging from developing and delivering the overarching communications strategy, political stakeholder engagement, designing and delivering media and marketing campaigns, securing proactive media opportunities and issues management.
We have been effectively managing FCC Environment’s reputation through integrated media relations and public affairs activities.
In the media we continue to drive profile for FCC Environment with specialist trade titles, and at both local and national levels – where we have proactively secured broadcast coverage and opportunities to provide expert comment.
We have secured a number of MP site visits across the UK, to showcase the work that FCC Environment does to increase recycling rates and encourage the public to reuse items. We also provide senior counsel and advise regarding key reforms for the waste and recycling sector.
Highlights of our results include:
- Strategic communications development
- Public relations activity:
– Delivering seasonal or topical national / regional PR campaign.
– Driving proactive media opportunities such as interviews, feature article opportunities, thought leadership blog.
– Securing trade media, broadcast, print and online coverage, nationally and regionally.
– Crisis and issues management.
– Press office services handling inbound media enquiries.
- Public affairs activity:
– Monitoring of and input for relevant political and parliamentary context such as key policy developments, Select Committee activity, Consultations, APPGs, Westminster hall debates, new appointments and events including the Budget and Spending Reviews.
– Stakeholder mapping and engagement – securing briefing meetings, site visits at constituency, Westminster and Whitehall levels.
- Wider communications support, including award entries, case studies, internal communications and site-specific marketing campaigns.